The NAPBC has published changes effective April 1, 2018. The manual has been reformatted and each standard will now contain five sections: https://www.facs.org/quality-programs/napbc/standards
- Definition and Requirements—Standard and requirements are defined
- Process Requirements—Responsibilities of the center, leadership and breast care team. The annual audit list for each applicable standard will now be identified in this section as well.
- Documentation—Required documentation to meet compliance
- Evaluation—Surveyor responsibility/actions during the site visit
- Rating Compliance—Criteria for the compliance/noncompliance rating
- References and Resources are additional sections that are added when applicable.
Major changes to the Quality Improvement chapter: Standard 6.2 has been deleted as performance measures have been incorporated into individual standards as warranted; and Standard 6.1 has been updated to three (3) center studies OR two (2) center studies and one (1) physician quality improvement program.
Major changes have also been made to the Clinical Management chapter. All standards with the exception of 2.9, 2.15 and 2.18 have been edited or modified.
Jennifer Rohleder BS, CTR
Compliance Director, Oncology Data Management and Accreditation Services