Are you looking for a job to utilize your HIM and CDI skills and grow as a coding professional? MedPartners is currently seeking a Coding Manager to direct, organize and evaluate activities for a medical record department in the areas of inpatient and outpatient coding compliance, accounts receivable flow and data abstracting.
Keep reading below to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
- Ensure inpatient and outpatient accounts are coded on a timely basis and billed accounts do not exceed a weekly average of an agreed upon benchmark with Patient Accounts.
- Train staff on coding and abstracting functions.
- Review and resolve coding inquiries from Patient Accounts, third party payers and physicians’ offices.
- Review and respond to DRG validation inquiries from the PRO and other external agencies.
- Disseminate changing ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines to maintain data integrity and appropriate reimbursement. Monitor the quality of coding performed by the staff and take appropriate action.
- Responsible for directing the maintenance, system integrity and updates to the Medical Record coding/abstracting system.
- Manage the denied and unbilled claims due to medical record coding errors, missing/incomplete physician/clinical documentation, medical record system errors, etc., and report to Administration.
- Attend coding in-services and complete required continuing education hours per certification.
- Organize annual coding and billing external audits and education.
- Manage the use and cost of any external contracted coding assistance needed for PTO coverage or other special projects as needed.
Coding Manager candidates should have the following education, background and experience:
Education and Training
- Bachelors in Medical Record Administration or related field required or Associate in Health Information Technology. Hospital coding experience with coding certification may be substituted in lieu of the education requirement.
- Must meet one of the following:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification from American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) (AHIMA certification)
- Certified Professional Coder – Hospital setting (CPC-H) (American Academy of Professional Coders – AAPC certification)
- Certified Outpatient Coding (COC) (AAPC certification, formally CPC-H)
- Three (3) years medical record supervisory experience, in coding in a healthcare setting, both ICD-10 and CPT 4
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- Excellent communication, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
Visit MedPartners’ job portal and apply online today!