Are you seeking a career that will allow you to make a positive impact in the healthcare field? If you have strong communication skills, computer proficiency and a willingness to learn, a job as a certified tumor registrar (CTR) may be ideal for you! With demand for CTRs expected to rise dramatically over the next decade, there’s never been a better time to explore this unique and high-paying career path. Most importantly, as a CTR, you’ll play a critical role in cancer research and prevention, as well as make a difference in the lives of future cancer patients.
MedPartners’ Registry Service division understands the importance of certified, credentialed and experienced registry professionals. Our team of on-site and remote CTRs are passionate about accurate and timely data collection and reporting. We have numerous opportunities for experienced, cancer registry professionals with highly competitive pay rates.
Does this sound like a position that fits your interests? Keep reading below for all CTR job requirements and credentials.
Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) Requirements
Certified Tumor Registrars (CTRs) are tasked with maintaining databases of cancer information that are used by healthcare professionals to research cancer prevention and treatment methods. Specializing in the health information technology field, certified tumor registrars are responsible for managing cancer patient databases and recording information that may be used to detect cancer earlier, improve treatments and increase survival rates. CTRs must be skilled at translating medical terminology into standardized codes to record a patient’s diagnosis and treatment information. In addition, CTRs compile and report patient data from all medical facilities that treat a patient, as well as track patient progress and protect confidential patient information.
Certified Tumor Registrar positions with MedPartners require the following qualifications:
- Abstracting at a CoC facility
- Handling case finding; follow-up and other registry duties as required
- Experience with ERS, Metriq, Oncolog or CNExT
- Must be a CTR and have at least 3+ years of experience abstracting
The benefits of working with MedPartners include:
- Streamlined placement without multiple client interviews
- Single point of contact relationship
- Full benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits
- Weekly pay
- Paid time off
- Life and Short-term/Long-term disability insurance
- LIVE continuing education sessions with our director of education
- NCRA membership reimbursement
- Remote opportunities
Ready to apply?