Under indirect supervision, is responsible for accurate coding and charging of Acute Care Facility Outpatient visit procedures, diagnoses and conditions, working from the appropriate documentation in the medical record. Classification systems include ICD-10-CM, CPT, Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) as well as other specialty systems as required by diagnostic category and facility Reimbursement guidelines. All work is carried out in accordance with the rules, regulations and coding conventions of the American Hospital Association (Coding Clinic), ICD-10-CM, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development and organizational/institutional coding guidelines.
• Understanding of Oncology diagnoses/procedures
• Knowledge of coding injections, infusions and hydrations
• Experience with coding complex cases and patients
• Experience with numerous outpatient clinic specialties
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Work, Excel and Outlook)
• Experience using an encoder (3M)
• Skype for Business
• Charging Oncology procedures
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT); AAPC (CPC, CPC, CPC-H)
• Must be proficient with Facilities Coding Standards.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in medical coding.
• Working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding and Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI) required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Salary Range: $62,000 to $72,000 per year
• Paid Time Off
• Sick Time
• Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
• Paid Association Dues Paid
• Educational Benefits
MedPartners HIM and Peak Health Solutions are combining our resources and becoming AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry. Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.