Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to:
- Maintains a working knowledge of APR-DRG, ICD-10 and CPT coding principles, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third party requirements regarding documentation and billing.
- Assures that all services documented in the patient's chart are coded with appropriate APR-DRG, ICD-10 and CPT codes. When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
- Ability to maintain average productivity standards.
- Works the review queue on a daily basis to ensure all charts that are placed in the review queue are worked and any corrections are communicated to the facility if necessary.
- The coder is responsible for coding or pending every chart placed in their queue.
- Coders must maintain their current professional credentials.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in health information or health related field.
- Knowledge of Federal/State/County and Commercial payer's requirements and federal and state reimbursement regulations.
- Masters degree preferred
- 2 years' leadership experience.
- Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (RHIA, RHIT, CCS)
- Must be proficient with Inpatient Facility Coding Standards.
- Minimum of Ten (7) years' experience in inpatient medical coding.
- Working knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary Range: $62,000 to $67,000 per year
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time401K
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
- Paid Association Dues Paid
- Educational Benefits
MedPartners HIM and Peak Health Solutions are combining our resources and becoming AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry. Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.