IVR/Cardiac Cath remote coder
Employment Type:Contract to Hire
Under indirect supervision, is responsible for accurate coding and charging of Acute Care Facility Outpatient visit procedures, diagnoses and conditions, working from the appropriate documentation in the medical record. Classification systems include ICD-10-CM, CPT, Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) as well as other specialty systems as required by diagnostic category and facility Reimbursement guidelines. All work is carried out in accordance with the rules, regulations and coding conventions of the American Hospital Association (Coding Clinic), ICD-10-CM, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development and organizational/institutional coding guidelines. This position is specifically doing Interventional Racdiology and Cardiac Caths; a CIRCC credential is preferred.
Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to:
- Able to code Acute Care Outpatient Charts including: Same Day Surgery and Emergency Department.
- Maintains a working knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT coding principles, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third party requirements regarding documentation and billing.
- Assures that all services documented in the patient's chart are coded with appropriate ICD-10-CM and CPT codes. When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
- Ability to maintain average productivity standards.
- Works the review queue on a daily basis to ensure all charts that are placed in the review queue are worked and any corrections are communicated to the facility if necessary.
- The coder is responsible for coding or pending every chart placed in their queue.
- Coders must maintain their current professional credentials.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS [AK1]
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT); AAPC (CPC, CPC, CPC-H)
- Must be proficient with Facilities Coding Standards.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in medical coding.
- Working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding and Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI) required.[KO2]
SALARY AND BENEFITS:[AK3]
- Salary Range: $62,000 to $72,000 per year
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
- Paid Association Dues Paid
- Educational Benefits [KO4]
MedPartners HIM and Peak Health Solutions are combining our resources and becoming AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry. Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.[KO5]
[AK1]Education – great
"Must Have & Maintain" this wording may be a little over-kill. Maybe use the word Required?
Organization: (This is just for the user experience)
The lists could use grouped approach to show the acronyms and certification needed vs the "Typing" "Medical Terminology" and those less specific skills. They seem to be random and not intential.
[KO2]Made suggested adjustments.
[AK3]In the future write a single sentence to introduce the benefits then create bullet points for the individual benefits.
Salary should also be listed in this section and included in the salary section of Erecruit. I can help you locate it if you need to jump on a call again.
[KO4]Made Adjustments but I see where AMN is not adding Benefits to a lot of their Job Post
[KO5]Alfred, will this work? If not please use your wordsmithing skills to make adjustments.