Inpatient Coding Supervisor
AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions is seeking a Strong Inpatient Coding Supervisor with University Teaching Facility Experience. Under indirect supervision, is responsible for system wide Inpatient coding, coding education, coding audits, Chart Audits for the coding team, including monitoring and mentoring new inpatient coders. Assume responsibility for ensuring Patient Account targets are met while maintaining quality and compliance requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with policies/procedures and standards of care. Work to resolve administrative and operational issues within department/Organization. Initiate improvement efforts, workflow design and validation as well as drafting policies and procedures and manage department resources effectively. Classification systems include ICD-10-CM as well as other specialty systems as required by diagnostic category. All work is carried out in accordance with the rules, regulations and coding conventions of the American Hospital Association (Coding Clinic), ICD-10, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Individual State Health Planning and Development and organizational/institutional coding guidelines.
Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to
- Maintains a working knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding principles, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third party requirements regarding documentation and billing.
- Assures that all services documented in the patient's chart are coded with appropriate ICD-10-CM codes. When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
- Assist with development and coordination of audit plans, feedback to coding staff and management to include query opportunities, documentation opportunities, accurate code assignment (ICD), accurate payment groupings (DRG), accurate modifier assignment, accurate POA assignment, accurate discharge disposition assignment, compliance and data management.
- Manages all Chart Hold lists to ensure coding is completed timely. These include CDI, Chart deficiencies, etc.
- Play an integral role in evaluating patient related coding disputes, including Claim denials
- You will develop workflow and coverage plans for coding volumes and staffing support system wide. Be responsible for overseeing coding staff and any and all vendor support required.
- All other work duties as assigned by Coding Manager
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in health information or health related field.
- Knowledge of Federal/State/County and Commercial payer's requirements and federal and state reimbursement regulations.
- Masters degree preferred
- 2 years' leadership experience.
- Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (RHIA, RHIT, CCS)
- Must be proficient with Inpatient Facility Coding Standards.
- Minimum of Ten (7) years' experience in inpatient medical coding.
- Working knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary Range: $90,000 to $98,000 per year
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
- Paid Association Dues Paid
- Educational Benefits
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve.
Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.