Director of Trauma Program
Full-time • No Weekends
The Director will develop and support the strategic direction and operational needs of the department(s). In this position you will implement, assess, evaluate, plan, develop and organize programs and services to assure our mission is achieved. Provides facilitation and direction for a multidisciplinary trauma service with primary focus on developing/implementing and monitoring systems to enhance care of the trauma patient. Serves as a resource for inter-intra disciplinary team members and patient families that participate in the care of trauma patients. Works in close collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director to promote the goals of the Trauma Program, to qualify all care issues and system issues regarding the program development, and to optimize patient care across the age and injury spectrum.
Accountable for program development, both at the hospital, local and within state/national systems. Responsible for oversight/direction of trauma related activities, and initiates changes internally and external that will promote optimal trauma care. Performs all functions necessary to act as an agent to the Trauma Medical Director and Administration, to ensure compliance with all hospital, local, state and American College of Surgeons requirements. Maintains responsibility/accountability for 24-hour day management.
What you will do in this role:
- You will implement, assess, evaluate, plan, develop, and organize programs and services
- You will recruit and assure competence of customer-focused staff, analyze, organizational performance issues, develop quality improvement indicators, and develop and maintain department budgets
- You will be responsible for the successful day-to-day operation of the assigned patient care area(s)
- You will assume the role of leader in planning, organizing, coaching and facilitating your department functions and staff to ensure quality service during operational hours
- You will have an intimate knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of nursing care
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State which you practice or must hold Compact/Multi-State RN License
· Bachelor's Degree Required; Master's Degree preferred
· A current BLS and ACLS from American Heart Association (AHA or American Red Cross) are required
· 5+ years of RN experience in trauma; 2+ years of supervisory/leadership experience