AMN Revenue Cycle Solutions is seeking an Outpatient Remote Auditor with University Teaching Facility experience. Under indirect supervision, is responsible for accurate Auditing of all outpatient, same day surgery, observation and emergency department medical records. Classification systems include ICD-10, CPT, Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) as well as other specialty systems as required by diagnostic category and facility Reimbursement guidelines.
Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to:
- Reviews Inpatient Medical Record Coding for accuracy of documentation, Diagnoses, Procedures and MS DRG
- Maintains a working knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding principles, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third-party requirements regarding documentation and billing
- Assures that all services documented in the patient's chart are coded with appropriate ICD-10-CM codes. When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
- Ability to maintain average productivity standards
- Communicates audit results both verbally and in writing using Excel Spreadsheet
- Auditor must maintain their current professional credentials
- All other work duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (RHIA, RHIT, CCS)
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in outpatient medical auditing
- Minimum of Ten (10) years' experience in outpatient medical coding
- Working knowledge of ICD-10-CM
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary Range: $72,000 to $83,000 per year
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
- Paid Association Dues Paid
- Educational Benefits
AMN Revenue Cycle Solutions is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.