Employment Type:Direct Hire
We have a client who is seeking a CPC, CANPC credentialed coder who is responsible for accurate coding Anesthesia within Inpatient Charts. Classification systems include ICD-10-CM, CPT, Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) as well as other specialty systems as required by diagnostic category and facility Reimbursement guidelines. All work is carried out in accordance with the rules, regulations and coding conventions of the American Hospital Association (Coding Clinic), ICD-10-CM, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Office of State Health Planning and Development and organizational/institutional coding guidelines.
Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to:
· Must possess a thorough knowledge of Anesthesia Coding and ICD-10-CM and CPT, Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) coding principles, and third party requirements regarding documentation and billing.
· Must possess a thorough knowledge of Individual State Health Planning and Development and organizational/institutional coding guidelines.
· Must have experience extrapolating and applying anesthesia coders as applicable across anatomical subsections
· Must have experience Analyzing medical documentation to assess accuracy
· Must have experience Coding and entering charges into EPIC
· Must maintain 95% overall accuracy rate
· Must maintain average productivity standards.
· Coders must maintain CPC and CANPC Credentials.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Requires both of the following coding credentials: AAPC (CPC, CANPC (Certified Anesthesia and Pain Management Coder))
· Must be proficient with Facilities Coding Standards.
· Must have a minimum of 2 years Anesthesia coding experience.
· Salary Range: $68,000 to $91,000 per year
AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.