Remote Coding Manager
Employment Type:Contract to Hire
The Coding Manager is responsible for ensuring all coding teams provide accurate and effective coding for all coding services. This role includes the oversight of all medical coders, and auditors.
- Spearheads new client implementations, ensuring the coding team meets deadlines to have new clients implemented into various client coding systems and tested before go live.
- Represents the department at management team meetings, verifying all task and deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Monitors and measures coding team members, ensuring benchmarks are met.
- Makes decisions and takes actions essential to the daily operation of the coding areas
- Implementing and revising company protocol
Education: Bachelors. Current AAPC or AHIMA, certification required.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of medical coding experience. Must be able to prioritize, delegate and organize heavy workload. Must be able to work effectively on multiple projects at one time. Working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10, modifier, knowledge of anatomy and physiology, Coding guidelines and methodologies, NCCI, LCD, NCD. Proven project management skills with the ability to analyze, develop and implement new processes and procedures. Minimum of 4 years' experience in a leadership.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, professional, and timely manner with all staff members, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to follow through to completion on all assignments
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow established processes and procedures while still finding ways to streamline efficiencies in current processes
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized