Pro Fee Coder
JOB SUMMARY: Looking for experience Interventional Radiology Pro-fee Coder. Responsible for assuring charges are processed promptly & accurately into EPIC. Supports the Clinic staff in all aspects of procedure & diagnostic coding. Review surgical operative notes and specialty specific clinic-based charges and assign CPT, diagnosis codes, and modifier for the services provided in accordance with AMA-CPT, ICD-10-CM, and the National Correct Coding Initiative. Serve as a liaison between clinical staff and providers for coding questions. Facilitate accurate coding by providing and promoting provider and staff education.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Resolve pending charges into Facility EHR System within targeted turnaround times.
• Review specialty specific clinic-based charges accurately assigning CPT, diagnosis, and modifier codes.
• Reviews documentation to ensure accurate coding in accordance with AMA-CPT, ICD-10, and the National Correct Coding Initiative.
• Facilitates accurate coding by providing feedback related to payor denials and policies to providers.
• Attend and/or conduct periodic coding / charge entry training sessions as requested.
• Review operative notes accurately assigning CPT, diagnosis, and modifier codes.
• Work directly (face-to-face) with providers to ensure optimal documentation to support services provided.
• Resolve coding review edits by reviewing clinical documentation and/or seeking clarification from Provider and/or clinical staff.
• Query providers with coding questions and/or providing coding education and support to providers.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT); AAPC (CPC, CPC, CPC-H). CIRCC certification preferred
• Must be proficient with Facilities Coding Standards.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in medical coding.
• Working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding and Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI) required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Salary Range: $45,000 to $52,000 per year
• Paid Time Off
• Sick Time
• Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
• Paid Association Dues Paid
• Educational Benefits
MedPartners HIM and Peak Health Solutions are combining our resources and becoming AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry. Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role