Vice President of Case Management
Employment Type:Direct Hire
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Case Management (CM) National / American Group Vice President (VP) collaborates with corporate CM VPs, Group Presidents, and Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) to define and execute strategies for HCA Case Management. The CM Group VP will lead dedicated case management resources in their assigned divisions. The CM Group VP will facilitate the delivery of care coordination, transitional planning, and any other areas as defined driving operational results, ensuring quality and compliance in accordance with regulatory and HCA standards.
The CM National / American Group VP will work directly with division leaders by defining and communicating strategies and goals, providing oversight to subsequent plans and driving execution. The CM Group VP will lead and collaborate with division CM leaders to realize the strategic CM vision, drive alignment and achieve results across the organization. The CM Group VP proactively collaborates with the CM Leadership Team, including Operations Support, Utilization Review Services, Project Management, and Education, to ensure a seamless delivery to facilities with consistent communications.
This position collaborates with others to develop and/or identify best, demonstrated practices and develop company standards related to processes and opportunities for automation. The CM National Group VP will build a team and subsequently manage, motivate, and lead the team in a remote and matrix environment. The CM Group VP must possess strategic vision, excellent communication skills, proven motivational capabilities, executive presence, and a demonstrated record of delivering results.
- Provides direct leadership, supervision, and accountability for the operational effectiveness of the CM organization
- Develops, in conjunction with the CM Leadership Team, CM strategy with input from group and division leadership
- Cultivates a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Executes the strategic plan of the CM organization
- Develops, in conjunction with CM leadership, the strategic CM communication plan for the organization
- Establishes robust working relationships with division CFOs, CM leaders, and other key stakeholders
- Prioritizes case management work, based on the needs of the divisions/facilities and in accordance with company strategy
- Works collaboratively with group and division leaders to develop best practices, develop standards, and foster sustainability in alignment with corporate case management, regulatory compliance, and legal guidance
- Collaborates with key business partners, such as Human Resources (HR), Chief Nursing Executives (CNEs), Chief Medical Officers (CMOs), CFOs, Regulatory and Compliance, and Service Line leaders, to plan, evaluate and standardize key strategies and tactics
- Manages CM Division leadership and directs the activities aimed toward meeting strategic goals
- Provides direction and supports designated division teams to ensure standardization and consistency across the enterprise
- Ensures that variations to standards are identified, analyzed, addressed and escalated to leadership if necessary
- Assists CM VP in establishing and maintaining the StaRN for CM program
- Communicating routinely with CM Leadership to ensure alignment across the enterprise
- Manages direct and indirect reports in multiple designated divisions remotely and in a matrix environment
- Effectively negotiates and balances the needs of facility, division, and group operations
- Identifies and escalates CM learning and development needs to CM central education team
- Attracts, develops, and retains talent across the organization to ensure succession plan
- Drives business decisions through the use of analytics
- This position is held accountable for case management goals as identified
- Communicates timely and effectively in a matrix environment
- Works with CM Leadership to adjust CM strategies to respond to changing business needs
- Escalates issues to group, division, or CM leadership as necessary
- Responsible for timely and effective delivery of monthly operations presentations to leadership, including providing thorough analysis of key performance indicators (KPIs) and an executive summary of Group performance
- Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree – Registered Nurse (RN) Required (BSN), Master's degree, MHA, MBA or equivalent Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Case Management leadership Required
- 5+ years of experience in Case Management multi-facility leadership Required
- 5+ years of experience in Case Management consulting, hospital operations management Preferred
- 3+ years of experience in executive level and within a highly matrix environment Required
- 5+ years of experience in excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
These are newly created positions.
NOTE: Both positions would require relocation to Nashville and the individual would be required to work onsite at HCA Healthcare Corporate Office (2501 Park Plaza, Nashville).
Travel required - 70-80% throughout their coverage area
Vacancy Period: n/a
Reporting structure: Reports to VP CM Corporate
Type of culture (management style) of director or on the floor: fast paced work environment, high expectations from leaders, experience in matrix environment is helpful
Skills from other units that they feel will prepare the candidate for their unit: expert knowledge in CM, executive communication skills, excellent written/oral skills, highly motived, excellent presentation skills
Plus: Up to 25% potential performance incentive. Relo assistance for qualified candidates
Fee: 20% of first years' annual base salary split per agreement