Under indirect supervision, is responsible for accurate coding of all inpatient services, procedures, diagnoses and conditions, working from the appropriate documentation in the medical record. Classification systems include ICD-10-PCS, CPT, Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) as well as other specialty systems as required by diagnostic category. All work is carried out in accordance with the rules, regulations and coding conventions of the American Hospital Association (Coding Clinic), ICD-10-PCS, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS),
Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to:
- Maintains a working knowledge of ICD-10-PCS coding principles, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third party requirements regarding documentation and billing.
- Assures that all services documented in the patient's chart are coded with appropriate ICD-10-PCS codes. When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
- Ability to maintain average productivity standards.
- Works the review and CDI queue on a daily basis to ensure all charts that are placed in the review queue are worked and any corrections are communicated to the facility if necessary.
- The coder is responsible for coding or pending every chart placed in their queue.
- Coders must maintain their current professional credentials.
- Remote Workstation.
- Standard Window PC
- Internet Access with DSL or Cable.
- VPN compatibility.
- Microsoft Office/Word, Excel, Power Point.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (RHIA, RHIT, and/or CCS); AAPC (CPC-H)
- Must be proficient with Facilities Coding Standards.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in medical coding.
- Working knowledge of ICD-10-PCS coding and Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI) required.
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
- Paid Association Dues Paid
- Educational Benefits
MedPartners HIM and Peak Health Solutions are combining our resources and becoming AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry. Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.