Remote Inpatient Coding Auditor
AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions, formerly MedPartners HIM is seeking a Strong 2nd level reviewer, Inpatient Remote Auditor with University Teaching Facility Experience. Under indirect supervision, is responsible for accurate Auditing of all HAC, PSI and Death related inpatient medical records including; DRG, Diagnoses and conditions, working from the appropriate documentation in the medical record. Classification systems include ICD-10-CM as well as other specialty systems as required by diagnostic category. All work is carried out in accordance with the rules, regulations and coding conventions of the American Hospital Association (Coding Clinic), ICD-10, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Individual State Health Planning and Development and organizational/institutional coding guidelines.
Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to
· Facilitates Inpatient Chart Audits for the coding team.
· Audit all Charts with Hospital Acquired Conditions (HAC)
· Audit all charts with Patient Safety Indicators (PSI)
· Ensure coding audits related to Death, PSI and HAC charts are appropriate and effective. Assesses effectiveness through associate evaluations.
· Maintains a working knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding principles, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third party requirements regarding documentation and billing.
· Assures that all services documented in the patient's chart are coded with appropriate ICD-10-CM codes. When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
· Assist with development and coordination of audit plans, feedback to coding staff and management to include query opportunities, documentation opportunities, accurate code assignment (ICD), accurate payment groupings (DRG), accurate modifier assignment, accurate POA assignment, accurate discharge disposition assignment, compliance and data management.
· Communicates audit results both verbally and in writing using Excel Spreadsheet
· Assist with chart sample selection for audit and coordinates with Coding Managers.
· Auditor must maintain their current professional credentials.
· Work collaboratively with Coding Integrity. Reviews audit results and performs trend analyses to identify patterns and variations in coding practices and case-mix index which require education.
· All other work duties as assigned by Coding Director
· Remote Workstation
· Standard Windows PC
· Internet Access with DSL or Cable
· VPN compatibility
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (RHIA, RHIT, CCS)
· Must be proficient with Facilities Coding Standards.
· Minimum of Ten (10) years' experience in inpatient audition medical coding.
· Minimum of five (5) years' experience in inpatient audition medical coding.
· Working knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
· Salary Range: $75,000 to $95,000 per year
· Paid Time Off and Sick Time
· Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
· Paid Association Dues Paid
· Educational Benefits
MedPartners HIM and Peak Health Solutions are combining our resources and becoming AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry. Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.