JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for hierarchical condition category coder, is someone who transcribes a patient's medical history into a database using standardized codes. This includes diagnosis and treatment and is typically later used for insurance and medical billing purposes. Applying followed HCC guidelines for Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid charts. Followed the Risk adjustment process to ensure all active diagnosis supported by acceptable medical record documentation are coded correctly according to guidelines
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolve pending charges into Facility Electronic Health Record System within targeted turnaround times.
- Reviews documentation to ensure accurate coding in accordance with AMA-CPT, ICD-10-CM, and the National Correct Coding Initiative.
- Resolve coding review edits by reviewing clinical documentation and/or seeking clarification from Provider and/or clinical staff.
- Query providers with coding questions and/or providing coding education and support to providers.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Remote Workstation.
- Standard Window PC
- Internet Access with DSL or Cable.
- VPN compatibility.
- Microsoft Office/Word, Excel, Power Point.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT); AAPC (CPC, CPC, CPC-H)
- Must be proficient with Physician/Clinic/Rural Health Coding Standards.
- Minimum of five (5) years' HCC Coding experience in medical coding.
- Working knowledge of ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding and Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI) required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary Range: $45,000 to $52,000 per year
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
- Paid Association Dues Paid
·AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.