Hospitalist Profee Coder
Remote Review surgical operative notes and specialty specific clinic-based charges with Place of Services (POS) 22, 191 and 11 and assign CPT, diagnosis codes, and modifier for the services provided in accordance with AMA-CPT, ICD-10-CM, and the National Correct Coding Initiative. Serve as a liaison between clinical staff and providers for coding questions. Facilitate accurate coding by providing and promoting provider and staff education.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Candidates must have strong E/M skills for inpatient professional services.
- Reviews and submits charges for minor bedside procedures (lines, lumbar punctures, dialysis, etc.).
- Candidate must have experience with full abstraction. They would be expected to read the notes and determine the appropriate CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis codes. Our providers do not trigger charges. This is often a big hurdle when we bring on new coders that are more accustomed to validating codes in workqueues rather than manually assigning them them.
- Must have experience with all specialties including the E/M service would include newborn stays, pediatric and adult critical care, etc.
- Resolve pending charges into Facility Electronic Health Record System within targeted turnaround times.
- Review specialty specific clinic-based charges accurately assigning CPT, diagnosis, and modifier codes.
- Reviews documentation to ensure accurate coding in accordance with AMA-CPT, ICD-10-CM, and the National Correct Coding Initiative.
- Facilitates accurate coding by providing feedback related to payer denials and policies to providers.
- Attend and/or conduct periodic coding / charge entry training sessions as requested.
- Review operative notes accurately assigning CPT, diagnosis, and modifier codes.
- Work directly (face-to-face) with providers to ensure optimal documentation to support services provided.
- Resolve coding review edits by reviewing clinical documentation and/or seeking clarification from Provider and/or clinical staff.
- Query providers with coding questions and/or providing coding education and support to providers.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Remote Workstation. • Standard Window PC
• Internet Access with DSL or Cable.
• VPN compatibility.
• Microsoft Office/Word, Excel, Power Point.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent required. • Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT); AAPC (CPC, CPC, CPC-H)
• Must be proficient with Facilities Coding Standards.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in medical coding.
• Working knowledge of ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding and Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI) required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Salary Range: $45,000 to $52,000 per year
• Paid Time Off
• Sick Time
• Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
• Paid Association Dues Paid
• Educational Benefits
MedPartners HIM and Peak Health Solutions are combining our resources and becoming AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.