Supervisor, Outpatient Quality and Coding Education
Employment Type:Direct Hire
Supervisor, Outpatient Facility Quality and Coding Education, under indirect supervision, is responsible for supervision over Day to Day Operations including personnel, schedule and time management. Also responsible for the accurate Audit work completed by direct reports, oversees audit and Education process management and development regarding resource use, measure implementation and delivery of measure information for MIPS Measures. Responsible for process development, oversight and improvement of training and educational programs, and development for outpatient facility coding curriculum.
Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to:
- Manage all Outpatient Facility Coding Auditors and Educators,who are responsible for the Quality of coding in the Outpatient Facility Department
- Maintains a working knowledge and ability to audit and train other on ICD-10 and CPT coding principles, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third-party requirements regarding documentation and billing.
- Understands delivery of measure information for MIPS Measures.
- Assures that all services documented in the patient's chart are coded with appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes. When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
- Ensures the work lists are worked appropriately daily to ensure all charts that are placed in the review queue are worked and any corrections are communicated to the facility if necessary.
- Coders must maintain their current professional credentials.
- Associates Degree
- CCS or CPC and CPMA, ICD 10 Trainer and or ICD10CM PCS
- 5 years Outpatient Coding Education Management Experience.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Preferred Associates Degree and RHIT
- Requires one of the following coding credentials: CPC or CCS, and must have CPMA
- Must be proficient with Facilities Outpatient Coding Standards.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in outpatient coding Management and auditing.
- Working knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary Range: $83,200 to $95,000 per year
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time 401K
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
AMN Revenue Cycle Solutions is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.