Outpatient Coder Educator
Employment Type:Contract to Hire
Under indirect supervision, is responsible for Outpatient Surgical Coding Education. This will include reviewing the coding of procedures, diagnoses and conditions, working from the appropriate documentation in the medical record and providing Education to current coders.
Put your coding expertise to the test Educating Surgical coders. Help our client educate existing employees.. Mentor is responsible for the accurate coding of all outpatient surgical services, procedures, diagnoses and conditions, working from the appropriate documentation in the medical record. Classification systems include ICD-10-CM, CPT, Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) as well as other specialty systems as required by diagnostic category. All work is carried out in accordance with the rules, regulations and coding conventions of the American Hospital Association (Coding Clinic), ICD-10, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and organizational/institutional coding guidelines.
Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to:
• Maintains a working knowledge of ICD-10PCS, CPT, coding principles, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third party requirements regarding documentation and billing.
• Works the review queue on a daily basis to ensure all charts that are placed in the review queue are worked and any corrections and Education are communicated with the New Coder.
• You will have the opportunity to interact with other revenue cycle teams such as Clinical Documentation Improvement/Documentation Integrity, Performance Improvement and of course the Business Office.
• HIM Coding Educator provides educational in-services for coders based upon audit findings. Facility offers variety of options for continuing education for credential maintenance and professional development.
• Remote Workstation • Standard Windows PC
• Internet Access with DSL or Cable
• VPN compatibility
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT); AAPC (CPC, COC, CPC-H)
• Must be proficient with Facilities Coding Standards.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in medical coding.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Salary Range: $85,000 to $95,000 per year
• Paid Time Off and Sick Time
• Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
• Paid Association Dues Paid
• Educational Benefits
MedPartners HIM and Peak Health Solutions are combining our resources and becoming AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions.
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry. Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.