Companies both inside and outside of the healthcare industry are finding that they need to add health information management (HIM) professionals to their ranks to alleviate the challenges and seize the opportunities of the present. Unfortunately, finding the professionals they need has proved difficult, forcing many companies to deal with a protracted hiring process, or settle for underwhelming talent. Here are some of the most common problems faced by companies struggling to hire HIM professionals.
- Skills Gap – There are plenty of candidates with some skills, but few that have all the skills that employers are looking for.
- Candidate Pool – HIM is still an emerging field, and the number of new professionals entering the field hasn’t kept pace with the rate of growth generally.
- Regulations – Uncertain regulations surrounding the field of HIM have made it difficult for companies to come up with a strategic plan for their future HIM workforce.
- Budget – Funding for HIM often lags behind, meaning that employers can’t hire as many professionals as they need, or offer top talent impressive compensation packages.
- Timing – Some of the demand for HIM professionals is temporary or seasonal, but recruiting for these kinds of contract positions is notoriously difficult.
These challenges are significant, and more than a few organizations have been operating in crisis mode in regards to their HIM workforce for a while now. The good news is that there is one simple solution to all these problems that has a long-term effect; working with a specialized staffing firm that is focused on HIM. Here’s how those solutions work in practice:
- Skills Gap – HIM staffing firms cultivate relationships with a diverse group of professionals with cutting edge skills. They also encourage and promote professional development to help all HIM professionals become more well-rounded and relevant.
- Candidate Pool – These staffing firms have spent years putting together expansive candidate pools that are broad and deep enough to fill any vacancy.
- Regulations – Working with a HIM staffing firm adds agility to the hiring process, allowing organizations to grow, contract, and evolve their workforce quickly in the face of changing circumstances.
- Budget – Since these firms know so many HIM professionals eager to get to work, they can present you candidates who are willing and excited to work within the budget that you have available.
- Timing – The best HIM staffing firms have relationships with professionals that want to work on a contract basis.
Working with a HIM staffing firm really is the one solution that can solve all your staffing woes. Learn more by contacting MedPartners HIM.