Care Coordination Department Manager
service standards to meet members and the care team's expectations. Develops and
monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human and material resources. Develops
and maintains clinical standards of care and practice; responsible for all resource
budgeting, selection and development. Develops, implements, and monitors
departmental policy and procedures which support the organizations goals and
business objectives and ensures they are met. Oversees and develops standards of
care and standards of practice, and directs fiscal management quality improvement
activities. Supports the core tenets of the Hospital Model of Care.
• Quality – In partnership with the COCSD, provides ongoing and reliable information
related to the continuum of care and discharge planning. Ensures information is in
compliance with regulatory requirements and sensitive to member benefit coverage.
• Performance Improvement – Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and
patient care results across the continuum of care. Monitors financial performance and
identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of
• Regulatory – Supports compliance and adherence to department standards related to
case management and social work, including The Joint Commission, National
Committee for Quality Assurance, Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services,
Department of Health Services, and California Department of Managed Healthcare.
• Care Experience – Ensures delivery of services that achieve a high level of customer
satisfaction related to the discharge process.
• People – Manages the day-to-day staffing mix for department. Monitors staff
competency and ensures ongoing staff development. Manages and resolves human
resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
• Culture – Supports a culture of care without delay (right care, right time, right venue,
with the right resources) and ensures effective, efficient delivery of care coordination