Remote Pro Fee Auditor - E/M and INPT, OP Procedures
Christus Trinity Clinic
Must live in TX, GA, LA, AR, NM, OK, NV CPC or CCS required
- Coding Quality Specialist (Auditor) will complete internal coding audits and report in a format that provides ongoing departmental quality control services and feedback to coding staff.
- Coding Quality Specialist will demonstrate high-quality knowledge and understanding of CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, and coding guidelines and practices for physician-based professional services in both acute care and ambulatory settings.
- Coding Quality Specialist will audit for quality in regards to procedural coding, Evaluation & Management (E/M coding, principal and secondary diagnosis code assignment, modifier usage, and medical policy (LCD/NCD) accuracy.
- The Quality Specialist will create and maintain regular reporting of audit results, to track and trend audit scores, and to identify both the strengths and weaknesses within the department.
- Coding Quality Specialist will assist with the development of corrective action plans, provide new hire training, and serve as an overall mentor to the coding team. Coding Quality Specialist will also assist in other areas of the CTC Coding Department, as requested by leadership.
- Coding Audit Specialist will report directly to the Coding Director, with additional leadership from the Director of Revenue Cycle Audit.
- Facilitate and complete physician-based inpatient and outpatient coding audits.
- Performs education sessions for coders as necessary.
- Provides support to coding team for coding questions