POSITION: Remote Inpatient Auditor DEPARTMENT: HIM
END: 12/31/2019, with the option to extend
SALARY RANGE: $42 - $50 PER HR
PLEASE NOTE: It could take up to 2wks for the ON-BOARDING PROCESS PRIOR TO START DATE!!
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Remote Inpatient Auditor is responsible for the full range of ICD10 auditing of all complex IP casemix. This auditor must know the current coding guidelines, coding clinics backwards and forwards. Required to be able to argue a case going up against the USC HIM director who is a coding wizard showing specific coding guidelines as to why the account was coded correctly or not. Must have level I Academic Trauma Facility experience for the past 3yrs or more. An auditor who has presented at AHIMA state or national conferences would be preferred. Recent exposure to high acuity, teaching facility, transplants (all types), cardiac-CABGs, stents, pacemakers, major trauma/multiple procedures, experimental drug therapy, chemo, etc required. Must be able to train and educate coders in a remote setting. Experience with 3M, Clintrac, and Citrix is preferred.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: • Must have a High School Diploma; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three (3) years recent acute care Level I Academic Facility Auditing experience.
• State and Federal rules and regulations related to CA Medi-Cal experience needed.
• Extensive knowledge in Insurance claims appeals, and range of knowledge in ICD10, PCS, Procedure Coding, and Sequencing required. Extensive knowledge of coding guidelines.
• Extensive knowledge of Acute Care Inpatient codes to include MCC, CC, and procedures affecting DRG's assignment and reimbursment.
• Ability to communicate both written/verbally professionally.
• 3M, Clintrac, and Citrix experience.
• 5+yrs Remote experience
Working Hours Needed: • M – F 8hrs per day, 40hrs a week
• Flexible hours
Compensation & Benefits: • SALARY RANGE: $12 - $18 PER HR
• Health & Dental
• PTO, Sick Time, 6 paid holidays
• 401K, HAS
• Weekly Pay
PEAK HEALTH SOLUTIONS/MEDPARTNERS HIM:
LET'S DO THIS!! If you want to join a WINNING CULTURE where you can grow your craft, than look no further! We have been placing Revenue Cycle candidates for more than a decade. Let us help you get you to the next level! Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals!