Profee OB/GYN-Neonatal, Perinatal Coder
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs in depth complex daily CPT, HCPC, and ICD10 coding of inpatient outpatient and global package delivery services received from physicians via EPIC Charge Review and EPIC Surgical Case tool related to OB/GYN- Neonatal, Perinatal, Profee GI, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Primary Care, Urology, Behavioral Health, Wound Care, Hospitalist, Neurology, Surgery, Pulmonology, Urgent Care, Osteoporosis, Derm, infectious disease, Clinic Visits with Procedures, Cardiology/CT, Surgeries, claim edits, and denials. Accurately abstract, CPT, HCPCS, ICD10 and Modifiers as appropriate per clinical documentation. Queries and provides feedback to providers and other clinical department personnel. Performs other related functions as required. All work is carried out in accordance with the rules, regulations and coding conventions of the American Hospital Association (Coding Clinic), ICD-10-CM/PCS, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Must possess a thorough knowledge of ICD-10 CPT, HCPCS, Modifiers, procedure, diagnosis coding principles and applications as they apply to Professional Fee coding • Must have RECENT EPIC Experience!
• Thorough knowledge of Official Coding Guidelines and payer specific requirements
• Proficient with CCI Edits, Medical Necessity, and Modifiers.
• When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
• Maintain 95% CPT and overall accuracy rate
• Must have experience coding OB/GYN PROFEE EXP. to include Neonatal, Perinatal and all types of profee accounts, MUST provide any area not proficient in. • Works the review queue on a daily basis to ensure all charts that are placed in the review queue are worked and any corrections are communicated to the facility if necessary. • The coder is responsible for coding or pending every chart placed in their queue.
SOFT SKILLS REQUIREMENTS • Open to constructive criticism, easy going and can change gears quickly • Strong verbal and written communication skills • An independent worker, someone who can take the ball and run with it • Someone who is people oriented, and can get along with all personality types
• Well rounded profee coder with a passion to get better
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS: • Proficient with EPIC & 3M
• Experience coding/billing Medi-Cal • Proficient with Abstraction of E/M both 95 & 97 Guidelines
• Coding and knowledge of minor procedures
OTHER REQUIREMENTS • Remote Workstation, including dual monitors • Standard Windows PC
• Internet Access with DSL or Cable
• VPN compatibility
EDUCATION AND SKILLS • High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT); AAPC (CPC, CPC, CPC-H).
• Must be proficient with Facilities Coding Standards.
• Minimum of five (5) recent years' experience in profee coding for all types of accounts.
• Working knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000 per year
• Paid Time Off and Sick Time
• Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance
• Paid Association Dues Paid
• Educational Benefits
AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry. Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.