Coding Billing Credentialing Specialist
As a Physician Specialist, you'll be responsible for helping to implement new customers and working with existing customers to ensure a seamless transition for their revenue cycle. You have a wealth of credentialing experience, and your proactive follow-up produces results when working with providers and insurance companies. You are obsessed with efficiency, bring an analytical mindset, and are excited to work with our team of billing and software experts to optimize the credentialing process. You have a demonstrated aptitude for working well with people, and the desire to jump in and contribute. You want to create and improve billing processes, and you seek out leadership opportunities. You're motivated by the opportunity to grow your career and do the work you love while helping both physicians and patients.
You'll wear many hats, have a lot of responsibility, and be part of an exciting, smart, and creative team. We're profitable, have extremely happy customers, and make up a team of people as talented and passionate as you are. We love what we do and care about doing good in the world. We strive to work like a beautifully engineered electric car: fast, efficient, and fun.
Who we are searching for: You are extremely detailed and well-versed in billing software, medical insurance regulations, and your proactive follow-up produces results when working with patients and insurance companies. You are obsessed with efficiency, bring an analytical mindset, and are excited to work with our software engineers to develop exceptional billing software. You're motivated by the opportunity to grow your career and do the work you love while helping both physicians and patients. You have a demonstrated aptitude for working well with people, and the desire to jump in and contribute. You'll be able to create and improve processes and help the client develop and deploy world-class billing software.
Hospitalist Coder ensures the assignment of complete. compliant, and accurate ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes, E&M Leveling, CPT service codes and Modifiers for the professional component of rendered services based upon the clinical documentation provided within the medical record and according to the organization's coding philosophy. Works collaboratively with other members of the Coding and Technology teams to complete all essential responsibilities in a timely fashion to meet the quality, utilization, and financial needs of the organization. This is a growing company based in San Francisco and has been voted a best place to work by local and National Healthcare organizations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for processing and filing insurance claims and working with customers and their patients on all aspects of the revenue cycle.
- Resolve pending billing, charges into organizations Health System within targeted turnaround times.
- Review Hospitalist specialty specific charges accurately assigning E&M Leveling, CPT, diagnosis, and modifier codes.
- Reviews documentation to ensure accurate coding in accordance with AMA-CPT, ICD-10-CM/PCS, and the National Correct Coding Initiative.
- Provide feedback to Tech team to improve the technology.
- Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (RHIA, RHIT, CCS or CCS-P); AAPC (CPC, CPC-H)
- Minimum 3-5 years of healthcare medical billing, coding and credentialing experience required.
- Experience using Practice Management and/or coding systems, facility EHR software products, and Excel
- Working knowledge of ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding and Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI) required.
- Excellent analytical skills; you can identify and analyze issues, develop solutions, and communicate your work effectively to Leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team Player
- Passion for Healthcare and the always changing Technology improvements.
- Positive Attitude willing to work in a fast-paced environment especially in changing environment. Prefer Hospitalist.
- Bi-lingual is a plus
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000 per year
• Paid Time Off
• Medical Insurance
• Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.