Outpatient Oncology Coder
Employment Type:Contract to Hire
Under indirect supervision, is responsible for accurate coding Same Day Surgery, Observation and Clinic in a Cancer Acute Care Facility Outpatient visit procedures, diagnoses and conditions, working from the appropriate documentation in the medical record. Classification systems include ICD-10-CM, CPT, Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) as well as other specialty systems as required by diagnostic category and facility Reimbursement guidelines. All work is carried out in accordance with the rules, regulations and coding conventions of the American Hospital Association (Coding Clinic), ICD-10-CM, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Individual State Health Planning and Development and organizational/institutional coding guidelines.
Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to:
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT, Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) coding principles, and third party requirements regarding documentation and billing in a facility that is part of NCCN - National Comprehensive Cancer Network. • Must possess a thorough knowledge of Individual State Health Planning and Development and organizational/institutional coding guidelines.
• Able to code Acute Care Outpatient Charts including: Same Day Surgery, Observation and Hospital based Clinics
• When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
• Must maintain 95% overall accuracy rate
• Must maintain average productivity standards.
• Works the review queue on a daily basis to ensure all charts that are placed in the review queue are worked and any corrections are communicated to the facility if necessary.
• The coder is responsible for coding or pending every chart placed in their queue.
• Coders must maintain their current professional credentials.
• Remote Workstation
• Standard Windows PC
• Internet Access with DSL or Cable
• VPN compatibility
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Requires one of the following coding credentials: AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT); AAPC (CPC, COC, CPC-H)
• Must be proficient with Facilities Coding Standards.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in medical coding.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Salary Range: $60,000 to $64,000 per year
• Paid Time Off and Sick Time
• Medical, Dental, Life and Long/Short term disability Insurance.
• Paid Association Dues Paid
• Educational Benefits
AMN Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
We encourage minority applicants to apply.
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
Apply today and one of our team members will be in touch to help you find the role that best fits your skills and goals.